February 7, 2013

Easy Marker Storage

Because we have three thousand pens in our house, we were quickly realizing that our current pen storage just wasn't cutting it. I wanted to make something not only because my hands are in crazy need of crafting, but also because our budget for this project was $0. Remember our pen and marker storage we have on our office wall?


It sadly looks like this now...


Maddy has a set of 3 board books that came in a cardboard case. Instead of tossing the case, I thought it might be a great place to store my markers, making more space for our other pens and pencils. Since it clearly is a children's book cover, I thought some pretty paper would beautify it and make it more appealing (to the adult eye). I first flipped through one of my scrapbook paper decks and found the pattern/colors that I liked. I also wanted to pick colors within the family that are already there. So I decided on this one:


See how these colors match nicely with my magazine holders? Yea booooyyy. 


Measuring the box, I cut my 12 x 12 inch piece of paper into four pieces that would cover each side of the box. Then I used tape to attach the paper to the box. This is a temporary quick fix so later, when there is another nap time, I can glue with my Mod Podge.



I am excited about the results and the markers fit perfectly! I reached my goal of a $0 budget because we already had the box, scrapbook paper, glue and tools on hand. It's simple and small, but it does the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment